However, today, I thought I'd talk about 25 things I have managed to get done before turning 25. I turn 25 in a few days' time (unbelievable because I still feel about 18/19 mentally) so this is the perfect time to reflect.
1. I finished high school with top grades in the three A-Levels I did.
2. Graduated from university with a degree in Biochemistry.
3. Made it to medschool in 2013 (at the old age of 22!).
4. Made it halfway through medschool.
5. Realised that although a doctor's pay is pitiful compared to hours and responsibility, I wouldn't want to be doing anything else.
6. Kept this blog going for over five years...!
7. Done NaNoWriMo (and although it definitely isn't publishable, it was an experience).
Sports and Hobbies
8. Read a ridiculous number of books.
9. Played netball to a high level.
10. Saw George Ezra play live (earlier this year) and it was amazing.
11. Saw McBusted in concert at the O2 in 2014 - two of the bands I loved in my early teens!
12. Earned £1,000 for three weeks of work during a one-month summer break. (Not much, but I worked hard for it!)
13. Worked part-time alongside medschool so far.
14. Have lived in London since I was 18 years old and spent two years in South Kensington - something I never thought I'd ever be able to say!
15. Made some amazing friends during these two degrees and am constantly making more.
16. Got through some really hard times (emotionally, physically and mentally) and have come out of them all stronger.
17. Went gluten free as recommended by a doctor and have felt so much better as a result.
18. Have kept up writing in journals since I was 14.
19. Travelled on my own.
20. Spent Christmas in Hong Kong for the first time in over ten years (2013).
21. Passed my driving test first time.
22. And I now have seven years of driving experience (how did that even happen...)
23. Have never failed a test (fingers crossed this record continues!).
24. Did the whole Wimbledon experience of queuing up and then spending a day there.
25. Haven't figured out the meaning of life but I have a good idea of what the meaning of life means to me :)
What have you achieved before an age milestone? :) It's always nice to think back and write down the things you have done because it just motivates you that bit more to continue creating memories that will last a lifetime.